You inherited your great grandmother’s wedding china that she brought back from the old country. It’s a precious heirloom that you want to be able to pass down to your kids in the future. Naturally, you’ll want to store it somewhere safe but still be able to enjoy looking at it whenever you want to. That’s why you’re looking at china cabinets. But what if you don’t have space for a large china cabinet? Well, that’s easy. You get a corner china cabinet. It’s the same as your regular antique china cabinets except for the fact that it was specifically designed to provide you with a safe place to store your porcelain treasures while efficiently using space.
Corner China Cabinet Buying Guide
You should always flaunt your good chinaware. And a lack of space isn’t going to stop you. There are plenty of corner china cabinets to choose from, after all. However, we all know that you can’t go about picking new furniture for your home without some careful consideration. Below are some tips that can help you get the best corner china cabinet that fits well in your home.
What is the storage capacity you are looking for?
Before you even consider looking at design, materials, etc., you need to first determine how many pieces you want to display in your soon-to-be china cabinet. If you only have a couple of 12-inch plates in your collection, you shouldn’t have a problem getting a compact one. However, if you have a large,24-piece set that needs to be shown off, then you need to look for a cabinet that has enough storage space to accommodate all your pieces. Check how many shelves there are as well as closed drawers or storage compartments. Determine how you want to display your pieces (i.e. maximum visibility) or if you wouldn’t mind just having a place to store the most delicate pieces in your collection.
Consider the space available.
Aside from considering how much you can store in your corner china cabinet, you should also think about how much space you have in that corner to accommodate your new piece of furniture. While it may be nice to display all 24 pieces of your precious porcelain chinaware, the cabinet may take up too much space, making your already small room even smaller. Take measurements to make sure you never end up with a piece that won’t fit where you want it to.
Take note of the depth of your corner china cabinet.
While you’re measuring the length and width of your china cabinet, don’t forget to look at the depth. You will need it to be deep enough to enable you to display the largest piece in your collection with room to spare.
What features should you look for?
- Adjustable Shelves
If the pieces of your collection come in a variety of sizes, then you should look for shelves that would allow you to be flexible in displaying them. This also is a good option if you plan on adding more pieces to your collection in the future.
- Plate Grooves
China plates are meant to be displayed at an angle, showing off the intricate details on their surface. This means that you’ll need to look for a china cabinet that features plate grooves – machined grooves that are placed near the back edge of the shelves. These grooves will hold your plates stable in a vertical position.
- Interior Lighting
If you want to be able to view your collection day AND night, interior lighting can help. If you want a more dramatic effect, you can look for a cabinet that also features mirrored backing. The combination of these two features can make your pieces more visible from different angles in the room. This will also help make your room appear larger.
Corner China Cabinets under $200
Corner China Cabinets under $500
Corner China Cabinets under $1000
Corner China Cabinets under $3000
Corner China Cabinets on Sale! – Spotted by PriceMeter
- This classic corner cabinet features crystal-cut grooved glass on the front door.
- A glass mirrored back enhances your treasures.
- Four glass shelves offer ample space for your collection.
- Front-opening door provides easy access to the shelves.
- Incandescent lighting illuminates your collection.
- Set includes: One (1) curio cabinet
- Materials: Solid wood
- Finish Color: Golden brown and clear
- Assembly Required: No
- Switch type: Switch on off
- Socket: GN7112-01-9
- Bulb type: 0.54W
- Glass shelves are removable
- 5 shelves, door, corner piece and carvings
- Open in front
- Black finish with brushed nickel hardware; Includes 4 adjustable glass shelves plus 2 fixed shelves; Stacked dual cabinets
- Materials: pine, MDF, birch veneer, 5mm tempered glass, 3mm mirror, nickel hardware; Supports up to: 60 lb. (total), 10 lb. (per shelf); Approx. weight: 86 lb; Fixed shelves: 17.75" W x 12.75" D x 9.25" H (upper), 17.75" W x 12.75" D x 10.75" H (base)
- Overall: 21.25" W x 15.5" D x 70" H; Cabinets: 17.75" W x 12.75" D x 37.5" H (upper), 17.75" W x 12.75" D x 21.75" H (base); Glass shelves: 17.75" W x 12.75" D x 9.25" H/11" H (upper/base; adjust 2.5" up/down); Clearance: 8.75" W x 14.5" D x 3" H
- Space saving, lighted corner design curio with mirrored back; Durable tempered glass front
- Includes one 25-Watt, type F light bulb, one medium (E27) base bulb; 9ft power cord; Anti-tipping hardware for maximum stability