A console table is another often overlooked piece of furniture that is actually quite versatile. Not only is this table capable of further enhancing the design of your home, it also provides you with additional storage space for your things. Moreover, depending on its location, a console table can be used for other things as well such as a desk, a sideboard for crockery, or an extra prep space in the kitchen. This table can be placed inside most rooms in the house such as the living room, dining room, bedroom, and even along your hallway or entryway.
How to Choose a Console Table with Drawers:
When it comes to console tables with drawers, you’ll find yourself inundated with choices. This naturally makes it more difficult for anyone to pick the table that works for their purpose and style. With that in mind, we’ve created this quick guide to help you make the right choice for you.
What is the difference between a console table and a sofa table?
These two pieces of furniture look very similar, but there are key differences that you should note. A sofa table, as the name implies, is a table that is specifically designed to be placed at the back of a sofa. It should have a similar height as that of the sofa. It is typically at least 4 feet long. A console table might look similar, but it is placed against the wall instead of a sofa. Its height is similar to that of a regular table or desk, ranging from 28 inches to 32 inches. As for the width, it can be whatever size matches your need and fits your space.
Where do you want to place it?
As we’ve already mentioned, console tables can be placed just about anywhere in your house. You can place it in your entryway or hallway, living room, dining room, or even the bedroom. Once you’ve decided where it should go, you need to consider how much space you can allot for it. Console tables come in all sorts of sizes – tall, short, narrow, shallow, etc. If you have limited space like in your entryway, an ultra-slim table would work best for you. A wide and open space would require you to look for something bigger and sturdier. To avoid choosing the wrong size, make sure that you measure the height and width of your space. There should be at least 2 feet of space available in front of the table to allow easy access and smooth foot traffic. There should also be 3-4 inches of space between the table and other pieces of furniture in the room to avoid making your space look cluttered.
What style should I choose?
Console tables, whether they feature drawers or not, come in a variety of styles for you to choose from. There’s traditional, contemporary, country, eclectic, modern, and transitional. It’s important that you choose the style that matches or coordinates with the current design theme of your space.
What material should my console table be made of?
Console tables can be made of a wide variety of materials. Wood is the most common material and one of the most durable. You won’t have a problem finding a wooden console table in the style and size you want. And it’ll last for many, many years with proper care and maintenance. That being said, you can opt for a table that uses a combination of materials such as wood and metal. Modern and eclectic designs often feature a wooden tabletop and a metal stand. Just make sure that the material you choose works well with the current decor in the room.
Best 3 Exclusive Picks
- Versatile 47W x 16D x 30H design can be used in virtually any living space as a Console Table, Sofa Table or Entryway Table
- Two box drawers with smooth ball bearing slides are perfect for organizing household items, office supplies and more
- Middle shelf supports up to 25 pounds and can be raised or lowered to accommodate items of various sizes
- Scratch-resistant surface offers a perfect place to display decorations with a weight capacity of 50 pounds
- Unique X pattern accents on side panels create a casual charm that works well with coastal and farmhouse decor
Console Tables with Drawers under $100
Console Tables with Drawers under $300
- Add a touch of polish and sophistication to your space with the Tommy Hilfiger Hayworth Console Table
- Mirrored front reflects light, making space appear larger, warmer and more inviting
- Weathered wood veneer gives this piece a contemporary, mid-century modern look
- Slim profile slides seamlessly into tight spaces adding much-needed storage to your bedroom, living room or dining room
- Roomy table top and drawers are ideal for storing away books, magazines and other items
- DIMENSIONS: 15" D x 38" W x 29.5" H
- SOLID WOOD: Handcrafted with care using the finest quality Pine
- HAND FINISED with a Dark Mahogany Brown stain and a protective NC lacquer to accentuate and highlight the grain and the uniqueness of each piece of furniture
- MULTIPURPOSE TABLE provides a place to display decorative items or store items that need to be easily accessed. Adds function and style without overwhelming the space. Looks great in your living room, family room, entryway, bedroom, condo or den.
- Versatile Console Table features 2 functional drawers with metal drawer glides
Console Tables with Drawers under $500
- Finish: Dark Mocha; solid wood Construction - pine
- Brushed Bronze hardware
- Four (4) nicely sized storage drawers plus one large shelf for extra storage space
- Perfect for to be used as a TV stand for most flat panel TVs up to 50"
- Easy assembly; product dimensions: 48" W x 16" D x 30" H.
- Material Type: Pine Wood
- Included Components: Top Legs Drawer Unit