Most of us have heard the term “chaise lounge” a time or two. It sounds luxurious and something only a movie star would have gracing their home. That’s where you’d be wrong. A chaise lounge is exactly what you need in your life if you want to have a specific piece of furniture that you want to relax in (aside from your bed, that is). And you want to do it in style. It is also an excellent choice if you want something that takes up less space than your standard couch. All of that being said, there’s no one perfect chaise lounge for everyone. There are plenty of different factors that you need to consider in order to find the right one for you. Our buying guide below should help you buy the one that suits your needs best.
What is a chaise lounge?
A chaise lounge is a long chair that is large enough to support your legs. This type of chair is designed for relaxation. You can stretch out on it while still sitting up. You can use it while knitting, reading, or watching TV. A chaise lounge can be placed inside and outside the home. It comes in a variety of styles, designs, materials, and sizes.
Consider the space.
As we’ve already mentioned chaise lounges come in a variety of shapes and sizes. But before you can decide on that, you should first determine where you will be placing the chair and how much space you have available.
Get the size and height right.
Your chair won’t be comfortable if you don’t get these two measurements right. You can’t fully relax in a lounge chair that’s too short for you. Height also has an impact on comfort. A chaise lounge that’s low on the ground can be difficult for tall people to sit on. The same thing applies to individuals with bad backs.
Determine the material.
Chaise lounges are made of a variety of materials – metal, wood, upholstery, leather, microfiber, and polyester. Where you plan to place your chair will help determine what material you should choose. Obviously, an outdoor chaise lounge should not be made of leather or metal. A lot of outdoor chaise lounges are made of different types of softwoods such as hardwoods, wicker, and pine. You can also find some made of aluminum. Of course, aside from the environment of the chair, you should also consider durability, maintenance, comfort, weight, and price when choosing the material of your chair. You want to choose something that is durable, easy to maintain, and comfortable to nap in. Weight is a consideration if you plan on taking your chaise lounge with you should you relocate in the future.
Get to know the different design styles.
Outdoor chaise lounges have different styles compared to those created for indoor use. Most chaise lounges for outdoor use feature an adjustable back that allows you to lay it at different angles. These chairs can be armless or feature arms. Because outdoor chaise lounges often serve as patio or pool furniture, they are usually foldable and/or stackable for easy storage when the weather turns foul.
Indoor chaise lounges, on the other hand, have a completely different range of design styles. These include the simple chair style, bench sofa style, Victorian style, French styles, and contemporary styles. While style is very much a personal choice, make sure that you consider your current decor. Whatever you end up choosing should not just be attractive, it must match the rest of the furniture in your room.
Aside from making sure that the design complements your current decor, you also need to ensure that the color of your newest piece of furniture blends well with the rest of the room.
Our Top Picks
- Rosevera etoile collection, Set includes: (1) chaise lounge chair and (1) toss pillow: 6'' X 27'' L
- Features attractive Tufted buttons accents and high-density foam padding in the Back and Seat offer superior Quality and comfort
- Stain resistant polyester that works well in any room environment. Simply spot clean the Chaise lounge with a damp cloth
- Available in various color–beige, brown, burgundy, green, grey, Navy, charcoal, Pink and violet
- Easy assembly required. Overall: 34'' H x 29'' W x 64'' D; Seat dimensions: 29'' W x 46'' D
- Chair opens to reveal a unique hidden storage space under the seat.
- Cushion and backrest are comfortable and soft, up to 58" worth of leg room , release the pressure, good choice to relieve fatigue.
- Dimensions: 57.7x23.6x28.3 inch.( L x W x H)
- Sturdy and well balanced center base with solid legs and back support .
- Simple Assembly: tools and instructions included, sets up easily to put together and assemble.
Chaise Lounges under $200
- Color: Black. Material: Polyester. Dimensions: 315*160*74cm.
- Extra strong and tear-resistant material with high flexibility.
- Internal coating and sealed seams. UV, cold and heat resistant.
- With 8 eyelets and 4 cords for fixing.
- Protects your furniture reliably against all weather and dust.
Chaise Lounges under $300
Chaise Lounges under $500
Chaise Lounges under $1000
- MODERN GLAM: Our tete-a-tete chaise lounge showcases jewel-like colors and lovely turned legs that pair seamlessly with its graceful scrolled arms for a luxurious modern glam look. Complemented with button tufted diamond stitching, this lounge brings a sleek touch to any decor.
- BUTTON TUFTED DIAMOND STITCH: The button-tufted stitching in the armrests offers an extra touch of sophistication that enhances its contemporary design. The diamond stitch pattern adds a bit of texture without sacrificing any comfort.
- ACCENT PILLOWS: The four square accent pillows help tie this tete-a-tete chaise lounge together, balancing out its turned legs and rounding out the lounge seating in general. This adds an extra dash of comfort to the piece.
- BIRCH WOOD LEGS: This chaise lounge is supported by beautifully turned birch wood legs which offer an attractive look and durable structure. Its fine grain takes stains well, giving this piece a gorgeous finish.
- DIMENSIONS: Choose an accessory that is the perfect size for you and your furniture. This chaise lounge is 82.50” W x 34.75” D x 28.00” H. You will love how much your space can transform with the simple addition of this charming lounge.
- Ships in several boxes, may ship separately