Most of us have heard the term “chaise lounge” a time or two. It sounds luxurious and something only a movie star would have gracing their home. That’s where you’d be wrong. A chaise lounge is exactly what you need in your life if you want to have a specific piece of furniture that you want to relax in (aside from your bed, that is). And you want to do it in style. It is also an excellent choice if you want something that takes up less space than your standard couch. All of that being said, there’s no one perfect chaise lounge for everyone. There are plenty of different factors that you need to consider in order to find the right one for you. Our buying guide below should help you buy the one that suits your needs best.
What is a chaise lounge?
A chaise lounge is a long chair that is large enough to support your legs. This type of chair is designed for relaxation. You can stretch out on it while still sitting up. You can use it while knitting, reading, or watching TV. A chaise lounge can be placed inside and outside the home. It comes in a variety of styles, designs, materials, and sizes.
Consider the space.
As we’ve already mentioned chaise lounges come in a variety of shapes and sizes. But before you can decide on that, you should first determine where you will be placing the chair and how much space you have available.
Get the size and height right.
Your chair won’t be comfortable if you don’t get these two measurements right. You can’t fully relax in a lounge chair that’s too short for you. Height also has an impact on comfort. A chaise lounge that’s low on the ground can be difficult for tall people to sit on. The same thing applies to individuals with bad backs.
Determine the material.
Chaise lounges are made of a variety of materials – metal, wood, upholstery, leather, microfiber, and polyester. Where you plan to place your chair will help determine what material you should choose. Obviously, an outdoor chaise lounge should not be made of leather or metal. A lot of outdoor chaise lounges are made of different types of softwoods such as hardwoods, wicker, and pine. You can also find some made of aluminum. Of course, aside from the environment of the chair, you should also consider durability, maintenance, comfort, weight, and price when choosing the material of your chair. You want to choose something that is durable, easy to maintain, and comfortable to nap in. Weight is a consideration if you plan on taking your chaise lounge with you should you relocate in the future.
Get to know the different design styles.
Outdoor chaise lounges have different styles compared to those created for indoor use. Most chaise lounges for outdoor use feature an adjustable back that allows you to lay it at different angles. These chairs can be armless or feature arms. Because outdoor chaise lounges often serve as patio or pool furniture, they are usually foldable and/or stackable for easy storage when the weather turns foul.
Indoor chaise lounges, on the other hand, have a completely different range of design styles. These include the simple chair style, bench sofa style, Victorian style, French styles, and contemporary styles. While style is very much a personal choice, make sure that you consider your current decor. Whatever you end up choosing should not just be attractive, it must match the rest of the furniture in your room.
Aside from making sure that the design complements your current decor, you also need to ensure that the color of your newest piece of furniture blends well with the rest of the room.
Our Top Picks
- Sleek modern chaise lounge chair for lounging, exercising, stretching, and more
- Comfortable and unique style that fits perfectly in modern and contemporary spaces
- Crafted from furniture grade polyurethane foam that provides the perfect combination of comfort and support
- Proudly made in the USA. Lush microvelvet cover is removable and machine washable.
- Easy to move and lightweight. 60"L x 18"W x 26"H. 24 Lb.
Chaise Lounges under $200
- Color: Black. Material: Polyester. Dimensions: 315*160*74cm.
- Extra strong and tear-resistant material with high flexibility.
- Internal coating and sealed seams. UV, cold and heat resistant.
- With 8 eyelets and 4 cords for fixing.
- Protects your furniture reliably against all weather and dust.
Chaise Lounges under $300
- This indoor chaise lounge is the ideal choice for buyers looking to create a one-person relaxation nook in their home. Featuring an elegant tufted body, this chair is curved to provide the most comfortable shape for the human body. Made from the highest-quality materials, this is a purchase that will provide years of comfort and relaxation.
- Includes: One (1) Chaise Lounge
- Material: Velvet
- Composition: 100% Polyester
- Leg Material: Birch Wood
- Color: Emerald
- Leg Finish: Dark Brown
- No Assembly Required
- Dimensions: 72.50 inches deep x 24.80 inches wide x 28.00 inches high
- Seat Dimensions: 49.20 inches deep x 24.80 inches wide x 15.00 inches high
Chaise Lounges under $500
- CONTEMPORARY DESIGN: Featuring smooth upholstery, gentle tufting, and a clean design, our one-armed chaise lounge offers the look, feel, and design of a truly contemporary piece. With a minimalistic yet refined structure, this set brings out a simplistic style that emphasizes comfort and functionality.
- TUFTED BACKREST: The tufted stitching in the backrest cushions offers an extra touch of sophistication that enhances its contemporary design. This pattern adds a bit of texture without sacrificing any comfort.
- UPHOLSTERED: Offering a smooth, clean look, this chaise lounge is composed of a refined appearance that will enhance the contemporary style of any dining room. With an upholstered design, our chair is padded for exceeding comfort.
- IRON LEGS: Constructed of iron, the legs of this chaise lounge are made to be incredibly durable, ensuring that this piece will hold up under use. Refined with a brilliant finish, these bring an elegant touch to this piece, making it an understated yet chic addition to your home.
- DIMENSIONS: Choose an accessory that is the perfect size for you and your furniture. This chaise lounge is 33.00” W x 63.00” D x 31.50” H. You will love how much your space can transform with the simple addition of this charming lounge.
Chaise Lounges under $1000
- MID-CENTURY MODERN: Blending together iconic splayed legs with a stunning wood frame, our chaise lounge offers a mid-century look to your lounge space. With its clean lines and understated look, this lounge uses new materials to reimagine a traditional design.
- BUTTON TUFTED WAFFLE STITCH: The button-tufted stitching in the seating offers an extra touch of sophistication that enhances its contemporary design. The waffle stitch pattern adds a bit of texture without sacrificing any comfort.
- SQUARE BOLSTER PILLOWS: This chaise lounge includes two matching bolster pillows, giving this piece both extra comfort and a boost of style. These give an illusion of precise armrests if placed properly or they can be removed for a cleaner look.
- RUBBERWOOD LEGS: Our environmentally-friendly wood not only offers plenty of durability, but it also gives this piece a beautiful natural-grain look. Combined with a gorgeous finish, this wood will truly stand out in any room.
- DIMENSIONS: Choose an accessory that is the perfect size for you and your furniture. This chaise lounge is 29.00” W x 71.50” D x 25.75” H. You will love how much your space can transform with the simple addition of this charming lounge.
- The Samuel Collection has Convenient Dimensions of 65" x 28" x 30" and a Total Weight of 58 lbs., MaKing Size it a Perfect Addition to Any Room That You Place it in
- Reliable Construction: Crafted From Kiln Dried Hardwood and 11 Layer Plywood Compliant to CARB, This Right Arm Chaise is Designed to be Durable and Long Lasting
- Designed With a Polyester Blend Fabric, This Chaise is There to Maximize Your Comfort. With 33% Polyester and 67% Rayon, it is Easy to Clean and Maintain to Help Provide a Recently Purchased Look of Elegance
- Upon Delivery of This Item, There is Minor Assembly Required. Follow the Easy to Understand Directions and Complete the Simple Steps in Order to Enjoy This New Addition to Your Home!
- Purchase With Certainty: Jennifer Taylor Home Creates and Designs Durable and Long Lasting Products Out of Quality. Following Modern Trends of Home and Furniture, it is Without a Doubt that Jennifer Taylor Home Will Provide the Perfect Creation for You