A trundle bed is a bed that is stored beneath a normal bed. It features rollers or a pullout mechanism that allows you to roll it out when needed. Typically, the mattress on the lower bed is thinner than that of a standard bed, measuring only 8-inches thick, to make it easy to store away. Trundle beds are a great way to maximize your current floor space, enabling you to keep an extra bed on hand without taking up too much room. It’s a safer option than a bunk bed. Trundle beds come in different shapes, sizes, and styles. Because of this, choosing the trundle bed that meets your needs and preferences can become overwhelming. Below are some tips that should help you figure out which one is right for you.
What are the different types of trundle beds?
Trundle beds, as we’ve already mentioned, come in a variety of shapes and sizes. It’ll be up to you to choose which one suits your needs best.
This type of trundle bed is a favorite because it has multiple functions. It serves as a decorative piece of furniture. It can be used as a couch for lounging or napping. It can be placed in a living room, home office, or hobby room. It can even be used outdoors like on the back patio.
This type of trundle bed resembles a sleigh, hence the name. It features a headboard and a footboard that both curve. Some sleigh beds feature storage drawers instead of the additional bed.
This type of trundle bed features a very high headboard and looks similar to a traditional bed.
What sizes are available?
Trundle beds are specifically designed to be used in small spaces. For this reason, there are usually only two sizes available – twin and full. Depending on the frame, you can get a twin over twin, twin over full trundle bed. Rarely, you may find a queen over twin trundle bed.
What materials are used to make trundle beds?
Trundle beds are usually made of wood or metal, though you’ll find some that are upholstered. The choice of material is entirely up to your preference and decorating style. However, it is important that you ensure the quality of the material as well as the construction. This allows for a longer lifespan. Wood frames tend to be solid, but they’re also quite expensive. Metal frames have a modern look and are less expensive than wooden ones. Trundle bed frames are also sometimes made of plastic or some other synthetic material. While this material makes the frame more affordable, it doesn’t have the same lifespan and durability as the other two materials.
What is the type of mattress used?
The most common types of mattresses used on a trundle bed are innerspring mattresses and memory foam mattresses. A memory foam mattress conforms to your body shape in order to relieve pressure points and provide support. However, it tends to feel warm. An innerspring mattress, on the other hand, is on the firmer side. It is also quite bouncy. Since mattresses are not typically included with the trundle bed frame, it is important that you buy a mattress that ensures the comfort of the sleeper. If you’re considering using the trundle bed as an extra sleeping space for your child’s friend, you don’t have to invest in a top quality mattress. An affordable innerspring mattress will be able to provide adequate comfort to a child for one night. However, if you are going to host an adult, it will be worth it to choose a high quality memory foam mattress instead. Not only does it ensure comfort, your guest won’t be leaving well-rested and without any back pain.
- Designed with Victorian rounded finials that give any room a spark of style that’s both modern and timeless. It is perfect for sleepovers for kids and a great option for anyone needing an extra sleeping space with its handy pull-out trundle.
- The sturdy metal frame comes with metal slats for extra support that ensure air moves freely around your mattress to keep it fresh for years to come.
- The trundle includes four easy glide casters, two locking and two non locking. Designed to fit one twin size mattress on day bed (maximum 8 inches) and one twin size mattress on the trundle (maximum 6 inches) both sold separately.
- This multi functional piece is ideal for small living spaces and accommodating guests. Set up this daybed in minutes everything you need is inside the box. Assembled product dimensions (L x W x H) 77.50 x 41.50 x 41.50 Inches
- Weight limit daybed: 400 pounds. Trundle: 225 pounds.
- Elegant, chic and vintage silhouette with rounded lines and button-tufted details in soft velvet upholstery
- Features a bentwood slat system that provides great ventilation for your mattress and fits two twin size mattresses with its pull-out trundle (mattresses sold separately)
- Made in a sturdy wood frame and upholstered in ultra-soft velvet in your choice of pink, blue or grey
- Ships in two boxes. Wipes clean with a soft cloth
- Daybed dimensions: 85.5”L x 48”W x 37”H. Trundle dimensions: 75”L x 40”W x 11.5”H. Daybed weight limit: 400 lb. Trundle weight limit: 250 lb.
- Item may ship in more than one box and may arrive separately
- Solid wood platform daybed with twin trundle included; Dark cherry finish stain
- Wavy, contoured side frames; Clean, structured back frame; Trundle with wheels for easy mobility; Slat kit included
- Assembly required by two adults; To clean, use damp cotton cloth to wipe clean; Made in China
- Product measures 79.13--Inch wide by 41.38--Inch deep by 23.25--Inch high; 30-day hassle free replacement parts warranty
- Style and Function Twin Size Daybed Frame: Make the most of a small bedroom with a twin bed designed with under bed drawers for storage, three functioning drawers can easily be pulled in and out for maximum storage.
- No Box Spring Needed Twin Bed: This bed frame is a value conscious choice as it does not require a box spring or foundation. Just place your mattress on top and enjoy!
- Sturdy Construction Daybed with Trundle: This bed features a sturdy high-quality solid wood construction for durability and strength, ensuring longevity. Max 275 lb weight capacity heavy duty of bed or trundle bed safely holds toddlers, teens and adults.
- Multifunctional Daybed with Pull-out Trundle:The bed with a twin trundle bed is easy to create the extra sleep space when needed. Ideal for accommodating guests or for family with several kids. Built-in smoothly casters, easy for you to pull out of the trundle bed and drawers.Three functioning drawers can easily be pulled in and out for maximum storage.
- Warrenty: All products come with a clear assembly document that will guide you through all steps. This bed will be shipped with 3 boxes. Our products are backed by 1 year so for any reason, you are not completely satisfied. The professional customer service team will provide 24/7 friendly support.
- Superior Quality: solid New Zealand pine wood bed frame. Durable, non-toxic, low Voc Finish
- Strong: high 400 lb. Weight capacity per bed safely holds toddlers to teens. Solid pine slats with metal support bar
- Stable: metal on metal structural connections won't loosen over time
- Space-saving: bed measures 81. 5 x 43 x 37 in. (Lxwxh) to fit kids rooms
- Slatted headboard with MDF panel footboard for stability
- Clean design: flush color matching hardware for a clean look
- Accommodates standard Twin size mattress and does not require a box Spring. Slat platform included
- Includes twin-size trundle + slats. Trundle fits standard Twin mattress up to 8 inches thick. Trundle face overlaps the bed rail to prevent sliding under the bed