Buying Guide – How to Pick best Canopy Bed?
Your house is your kingdom and your bed, your throne. So, it’s not surprising that some of us want the most luxurious throne, a.k.a bed, as possible. For some of us, it’s more than just a throne. The bed is our sanctuary. Our place of retreat – something that provides us with warmth, comfort, and privacy. Canopy beds have been offering all of that since they were invented. These beds have been around since Medieval times when nobles used this type of bed to provide them with warmth (no heater back then), privacy (to separate them from servants sleeping nearby), and safety (shielding you from rats while you slept. Today, canopy beds are considered a decorative accent. And they come in many shapes and sizes. If you want something like this as your throne or retreat, then you’ve got your work cut out for you. Fortunately, our guide should help you navigate the ins and outs of buying one, so that you end up with the canopy bed of your dreams.
Why should you buy a canopy bed?
There’s no question that the most obvious reason for getting a canopy bed is because it can easily transform an ordinary bedroom to one that feels ridiculously royal (in a good way). However, it’s undeniable style isn’t the only benefit to getting this type of bed.
Canopy beds can be quite versatile. It can be styled in different ways using linens, curtains, and other accessories. You can easily change the look and feel of your room whenever you feel the need to do so.
Canopy beds are also great for regulating temperature. You can use the linens draping over the bed to keep the heat in during winter or staying cool during the summer.
If you need to sleep during the day, linens or curtains draped over your bed is one great way to keep light and sound from disturbing you. They’re also great for creating a mini oasis that you can enjoy on your own or with your partner.
How to buy a canopy bed:
A canopy bed is typically larger than your average bed frame. This means that it will require more space inside your bedroom. Because of this, you need to make sure that your room has enough space horizontally and vertically to accommodate this piece of furniture. You’ll need two feet of space on each side of the bed to enable you to easily make the bed, change the bedding, and even change the linen draping over the bed. In addition, you’ll need at least a foot of space between the ceiling and the canopy bed to avoid making your bedroom look too cramped. Ideally, canopy beds are best for rooms with a great deal of space and lots of natural light.
Canopy beds can be made of various materials – wood, iron, copper, brass, etc. It’s important to note that there is no “best” material when it comes to choosing the right canopy bed. When it comes to durability, what matters is the quality of the materials and how it is made. However, the type of material used can have an effect on the aesthetics of your bedroom. Wood is considered quite traditional. Wrought iron has a vintage feel while copper and brass tend to be considered more modern.
Canopy beds, as we’ve already mentioned, are very versatile. They come in many shapes, sizes, and designs. While a lot of models feature the traditional square poster bed style, there are plenty of other designs available to suit every need. You’ll find ones that feature posts that look like tree branches and others that feature a circular mount on top where you can hang curtains from. Like the materials, it’s important for you to choose the design that works best with the theme or style that you’re aiming for in the bedroom. Make sure your canopy bed doesn’t look out of place with the rest of the furniture in the room. You want your “haven” to be the focal point of the room, but only for all the right reasons.
Twin Canopy Beds
- 4-POST DESIGN: This bedframe is built with a four-post design that features rounded finials on each, functioning as a built-in curtain rod for style and privacy in your kid's room
- WHIMSICAL, PRINCESS SCROLLS: All-white finish with heart-shaped scrolls in the head- and footboard will make your little one feel like a princess, while side rails lower in the middle for easy access
- BOTTOM STORAGE: Your child can save space in their bedroom, as the bed's elevated design creates a perfect storage space for shoes, drawers, and more beneath the bedframe
- DURABLE MATERIAL: A sturdy metal construction withstands up to 300 pounds to help ensure this bedframe can assist in a restful slumber for years to come
- NO BOX SPRING: Its elevated design couples with a 14-slat system to provide ample support and comfort without the extra cost and maintenance of a box spring; OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 79.5"(L) x 42"(W) x 72"(H); Weight Capacity: 300 lbs.
Full Canopy Beds
- Modern and glam metal canopy bed with Matte gold electroplated plastic connectors.
- Sturdy metal frame with metal side rails and additional metal center legs for support and stability. Features secured metal slats to remove the need for any additional box Spring or foundation.
- Ideal for small spaces – features an 11” under bed clearance to provide storage space for blankets or seasonal clothing.
- Ships in one box and assembles quickly. Available in full, Queen and King size. Offered in multiple colors. 1 Year limited .
- Product dimensions: 77”l x 56”w x 73”h. Clearance: 11”. weight limit: 450 lbs. Shipping dimensions: 73”l x 13”w x 6”H. Net weight: 76. 5 lbs. Gross weight: 82 lbs.
Queen Canopy beds
- Elegant and Romantic Queen Canopy bed with upholstered panels featuring subtle arches and an exquisite canopy metal post frame with accenting finials
- The Bronze metal frame perfectly compliments the Linen Stone fabric
- Includes Headboard, footboard, canopy and bed frame; Box spring and Mattress required; not included
- Overall Bed Dimensions: 83H X 62W X 88L; Headboard Height: 52H; Footboard Height: 26.5H; Canopy Total Height: 83H; Floor to Bottom of Frame: 7.5H
- Assembly Required
- Constructed of metal and fabric
- Item will ship in two boxes; which may arrive separately
- Spot check fabric prior to cleaning
- Residential Use Only
- Recommended Weight Limit: 500lbs
- CANOPY BED FRAME - A mattress foundation that elevates your decor, the clean lines and sleek silhouette of this canopy platform bed bring eye-catching appeal to the master bedroom and guest room alike
- INTEGRATED HEADBOARD - A classic design reinvented with rustic charm, the integrated headboard on this bed frame creates the perfect backdrop for the mid-century or modern farmhouse style bedroom
- STURDY CONSTRUCTION - Sleep soundly on this queen bed frame. The sturdy steel metal bed frame guarantees long-lasting use, while the upholstered gray fabric headboard lends comfort and support
- MATTRESS SUPPORT - Accommodating innerspring, memory foam, hybrid and other mattress types, Raina’s poplar wood slats and reinforced center beam offer years of lasting support for your mattress
- BED MEASUREMENTS - This queen bed complements farmhouse, rustic, cottage, and contemporary décors. Dimensions: 85.5"L x 61"W x 72"H; Headboard: 57"W x 18"H; Maximum Weight Capacity: 1323 lbs.
- Elegant and whimsical Queen Metal Canopy bed with scroll details offset by a simple canopy frame
- The simple metal frame features a Textured Black finish
- Includes headboard, footboard, canopy kit and bed frame; mattress and box spring required, not included
- Overall Dimensions:80H x 61W x 87L; Footboard Height: 34H; Canopy Height: 80H
- Assembly required
- Forged from heavy gauge tubular steel
- Item will ship in three boxes; which may arrive separately
- The touch of a clean, dry cloth is the only care your furniture will ever need
- Residential Use Only
- Recommended Weight Limit: 500lbs
King Canopy Beds
- Made from Pine solids and veneers in a rustic Dark Pine finish
- Mitered top and side panels
- Wire brushing enhances natural grain patterns
- True platform-style bed designed for use without a box spring
- 76 x 80-Inch mattress opening
Three Canopy Beds Detected By PriceMeter
- Modern design sleek silhouette with built-in headboard that has unadorned lines for a timeless look
- Queen bed dimensions: 84” L x 63” W x 73.5” H, 99 lbs | Weight limit: 500 lbs
- Sturdy metal frame construction. It includes secured metal slats, metal side rails and additional center legs for added support
- Does not require a box spring or additional foundation and it is easy to assemble. Fits in a standard ceiling room
- Add curtains for a delicate and romantic look (sold separately)
- Ships in one box. Shipping dimensions: 85”L x 16”W x 5”H. Product weight: 99 lb. Shipping weight: 111 lb.
- Sleek and modern design in a Sturdy metal structure
- Four-poster Canopy bed with crisscross headboard and footboard
- Add curtains for a serene look. Available in Black, white and Gold
- Ships in one box and it is Simple to assemble. Requires a box Spring, sold separately
- Queen bed dimensions: 85"l x 63.5"W x 72"H. Weight limit: 500 lb.
- Modern design with Victorian style finial detailing. Perfect addition to your master bedroom, guest bedroom or teen's bedroom.
- Metal slats offer support and durability. Metal slat base allows air to pass freely beneath your bed, keeping your mattress fresher longer
- Accommodates a standard size mattress. Sold separately.
- Ships in one box and assembles easily. Available in multiple colors. Offered in Twin, Full and Queen size. 1-year limited .
- Product dimensions: 77. 5”W x 41”W x 71. 5”H. Weight limit: 250 lbs. Net weight: 46. 5 lbs. Shipping dimensions: 45”L x 26”W x 4”H. Gross weight: 52 lbs.