Erik Organic's Limited Lifetime Warranty
At Erik Organic, we pride ourselves on exceptional craftsmanship and exceptional customer service. We strive to provide the most beautiful, environmentally-friendly custom furniture built in the U.S.A. Our Amish craftsmen rely on centuries-old woodworking techniques to build heirlooms, not disposable pieces. Because we stand by our quality, every product comes with a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Limited Lifetime Warranty
Subject to the limitations provided herein, Erik Organic makes the following warranties to the original purchaser of its products (the “Warranty”):
Our wood furniture, including all beds, tables, desks, chests, and case goods, will be free from significant defects in materials and workmanship for as long as the original purchaser owns the product.
The wood and metal components of the chair frame, excluding any cushions or upholstery, will be free from significant defects in materials and workmanship for as long as the original purchaser owns the product.
Cushions & Upholstery
For a period of one year, our cushions and upholstery will be free from significant defects in materials and workmanship. All cushions naturally soften with use and conform to the user's shape. This is considered normal wear, not a manufacturing defect. This warranty does not apply to conditions caused by physical damage, improper use, or normal wear and tear. If within the warranty period, identical materials are unavailable at the time of repair or replacement, we reserve the right to substitute materials of equal or better quality. Replacement fabrics may vary in color from the original due to differences in dye lot.
Live Edge Furniture
Our live edge pieces will be free from significant defects in materials and workmanship for as long as the original purchaser owns the product; however, if there is a significant defect in materials and workmanship, we cannot replace the product — we need to bring it back to the workshop for repair. Live edge pieces have one or more sections that are not sanded and milled down. They are one-of-a-kind pieces; therefore, it's impossible to swap out a live edge piece due to the highly customized nature of each piece.
As used in this Warranty, “lifetime” means the normal useful life of the product under reasonable use.
Product Warranty Limitations
This Warranty is limited to the original purchaser of the product and does not extend to any third-party beneficiaries, such as the original purchaser's customers and/or end users. It applies only to goods purchased directly from Erik Organic. Any resale, rental or lease of warranted goods voids the Warranty except as specified separately under a reseller agreement. Replacement of hardware such as drawer slides is subject to availability from our suppliers.
Erik Organic may, in its sole discretion, either: (i) repair or replace the product (or the defective part) or (ii) credit or refund the price of the product at the pro rata contract rate provided that, if we so request, the original purchaser shall, at our expense, return the product to us. We also reserve the option to approve field repair or return the item to our craftsmen for correction or replacement. If we determine that repair is impractical, we may furnish you with substitute piece of the same or similar color design, style and quality.
Erik Organic may limit or refuse requests for replacements or refunds in the event of fraud, abuse of privileges, or violations of the terms of this Warranty and/or its policies, as determined in Erik Organic's sole discretion.
THESE REMEDIES SHALL BE YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES AND OUR ENTIRE LIABILITY FOR ANY BREACH OF THE LIMITED WARRANTY SET FORTH HEREIN
We cannot offer the warranty for the following reasons:
- The furniture was created to the specifications you provided to us, but your specifications were wrong or they changed (For example — if the cabinet you asked us to build doesn't fit inside your front doorway, then we then cannot accept a return on that basis).
- The color of the furniture does not match the photographs on the website (We ask you to please request a free wood stain catalog prior to choosing a stain color).
- The color of the furniture is slightly different than the color of the stain catalog or wood sample (Handcrafted wood furniture will have minor, natural variations in grain and color. This is part of its beauty and appeal! Handmade furniture created from genuine hardwoods will never be as uniform as factory made furniture).
- Handcrafted wood furniture will have natural variations in grain, color, and material characteristics such as knots, insect markings, pitch pockets, and mineral streaks. These are not considered defects, and are therefore not covered by the Warranty. Because of the use of natural materials and the handcrafted nature of our products, this Warranty does not cover minor differences or variations between illustrations or floor samples and your furniture.
- Normal wear and tear.
- Any glass damage that occurs after delivery.
- Slight variations in appearance (normal shrinkage, swelling, hairline cracks, minor warping, etc.) which result from normal expansion and contraction of wood as it responds to climate changes within the home.
- If the recently-applied wood finish has an unpleasant odor, or if someone in you home has sensitivities to the odor of recently-applied wood finish (Newly applied wood finish can be a bit strong on brand new furniture for the first few days or weeks. The wood finish takes up to a month to fully cure. If you believe that this might be a problem, please chat with us about alternate wood finish options!)
- Damage resulting from commercial or outdoor use.
- Repairs, reconstruction, or alterations performed by persons other than Erik Organic, unless expressly authorized in writing by Erik Organic.
- Damage of appearance changes from improper care of improper storage after delivery.
- Damages resulting from accidents, abuse, improper use, or negligence after delivery, including but not limited to burns , scuffs or scratchers , watermarks or staining , pet damage, or damage from cleaning products, chemical treatments, or protective coatings 
- Damage from abnormal physical stress, abnormal environmental conditions, exposure to extremely high or low humidity, rapid temperature changes , sunlight , or use contrary to any instructions issued by Erik Organic. The Warranty applies only if products are kept under conditions of normal indoor residential user.
- Wood does best in moderate temperatures of 70° - 72° with a relative humidity of 50-55%. Frequent and sudden changes in humidity can be particularly damaging. Wood is most likely to crack when conditions suddenly change from hot and humid to cool and dry. Place furniture away from all heat sources, including radiators, fireplaces, and unshaded windows. If furniture is placed near an air duct, use a shield to direct heat away. Store table leaves as close to the table as possible to maintain similar temperature and humidity conditions for the entire piece of furniture.
- Direct heat from sunlight can damage wood, but ultraviolet rays can also damage finishes and bleach the wood underneath. Prolonged exposure can cause a finish to crack. Tablecloths, runners, doilies, and other textiles on a wood item may slow damage, but will not prevent it. Keep the furniture out of direct sunlight, and if that is not possible, reduce the amount of light impacting the piece as much as possible with window shades, blinds, or drapes. Avoid allowing sunlight to hit only part of a surface, as this can create the most spot-bleaching, warping, and other damage caused by non-uniform ultraviolet exposure, and intense, localized temperature and humidity changes.
- Placing hot items on a wood surface can cause burns or chemically change the finish and discolor it. We recommend the use of trivets, coasters, or other heat-protective accessories. An overheating laptop can also damage the finish, or even cause the underlying wood to split or crack, if used in the same place for prolonged periods.
- Use neutral-colored felt bottoms on lamps and decorative objects. Do not slide objects on wood surfaces. Writing directly on a finished surface may cause indentations.
- Clean furniture regularly, since body oils, fingerprints, and perspiration can harm finishes over time, most often on chairs. Keep chemicals such as nail polish remover, alcohol, cologne, or solvents away from the furniture. Contact with certain plants or their sap may also cause stains. When using felt for padding, avoid bright colors, which can leach into the wood over time. Do not leave plastic objects on the surface, or use plastic tablecloths, place mats, or similar items, as plastic may stick to a finish and damage it when pulled up, and color may leach into the finish over time.
Standard Wood Finish
Surfaces should be cleaned periodically with a cloth dampened with a non-wax product containing polish or mild detergent. Use of ammonia-based or silicone-based cleaners may harm the finish and voids this warranty.
Oil & Wax Finish
We recommend applying oil and wax 1-2 times per year for maintenance, and cleaning according to the recommendations [insert link here] of our finish manufacturer, AFM. Use of ammonia-based products or dust cleaners may harm the finish and voids this warranty.
Implied Warranties, and Consequential and Incidental Damages:
THIS WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. EXCEPT FOR THE WARRANTY SET FORTH ABOVE (I.E., ERIK ORGANIC'S LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY), ERIK ORGANIC MAKES NO WARRANTY WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO ITS PRODUCTS, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY LAW, COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE OF TRADE OR OTHERWISE. THESE AND ALL OTHER IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMED.
ERIK ORGANIC WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE, WHETHER OR NOT THE PURCHASER WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND THE LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY UPON WHICH THE CLAIM IS BASED, NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ANY AGREED OR OTHER REMEDY OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. "Consequential or incidental damages" includes but is not limited to any loss, expense, or damage other than to the furniture itself that may result from a defect in the furniture.
IN NO EVENT SHALL ERIK ORGANIC'S RESPONSIBILITY EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT OR IT'S REPLACEMENT.
Erik Organic does not authorize anyone, including any authorized resellers, to create for it any other warranty, obligations, or liability in connection with any of its products.
If you notice a manufacturing defect, you must notify Erik Organic at: sales [at] erikorganic [dot] com.
After notification, Erik Organic will contact you regarding your concern and arrange for any photographs or inspection needed to determine whether a manufacturing defect exists.